Common Questions and Answers
I can't see the video!
From time to time there is a real problem with a video. To report this, fill out the form below. However, most of the time
the problem is on the user's end. There are a couple of things that you can do that might fix the problem:
- Check how much bandwidth you have here. You should have at least 756K/sec of bandwidth to play videos.
- Clear your cache and retry the video. For instructions click here.
- Close your browser, reopen it and retry the video.
- Restart your computer and retry playing the video.
I can't login!
If you registered successfully but can't log in, try these steps:
- Make sure that you have 'cookies' turned on in your browser. Go to this URL for help with that: http://www.google.com/cookies.html
Reset your password. To do this, click on "Send a new password" at the top right of the home page.
You should receive an email with your new password. Use this to login to the site. You can go into My Profile to change
your password after you login.
- If you didn't receive the email, some email providers think GFL is sending you junk mail. Check your junk mail folder to see if it's there.
- If it's not there, use the form below, tell us you didn't get the new password email, and we will send you the password through a different means.
I use AOL and the video won't play!
AOL has issues playing some videos. The way around this is to go to click on your "Start" button, select "All Programs", and then click on
Internet Explorer in the menu. When Internet Explorer starts, type "http://www.gfl.tv" in as the web address. So long as you stay in
Internet Explorer and don't use the AOL application, videos should run fine.
Also please see the section below on "Do I need high speed internet to watch this event? What else do I need?"
How do I view the fight I just purchased?
- Go to http://www.gfl.tv
- When the event is LIVE, you will see a list of events at the upper right. Click on one of the green buttons to start watching. If there are
multiple speeds ("med", "high", etc) just click on the speed that's less than the bandwidth you have and the video will start playing.
|Button (speed)||Broadband Type|
|Low (250k/sec)||Cell phones|
|Med (500k/sec)||DSL, cable, satellite, wireless|
|High (1000k/sec)||FIOS, cable, DSL, T1, T3|
Where are the videos from last night?
Videos usually take 24-48 hours for us to encode and load onto the server after a fight. Check back after that time and you will be able
to view them.
You can check to see if the videos are available by clicking on the banner of the event on the home page
and it will show you all the bouts from the event. If there is no button visible to start the video, then it's not available yet.
How can I find a video?
There are several ways to find a video:
- We show upcoming and recent free and PPV videos at the top left of the home page.
- You can click on the banner of the event on the home page to see all the bouts and start the video.
- You can click on "Videos" on the menu and search for a particular fighter or fight.
- You can click on "Fighters" on the menu and find a fighter. All of his/her fights will be listed along with a button to play the fight video.
Do I need high speed internet to watch this event? What else do I need?
Yes, you need broadband internet to watch our videos. All GoFightLive events are only available on our website, and viewable only on the internet for now. The required minimum setup is:
Check my version of Adobe Flash
- 768K or higher download speed
- A PC or Mac with: 1GB RAM and processor speed of 1.7gHz or better
- Internet Explorer 7 or later, Firefox 3 or later, or Apple Safari 3 or later
- Flash Player 9.0.124 installed in your browser (see "Get Adobe Flash Player" below to get the latest version)
- The site was designed for a monitor of 1024x768 or higher resolution, but lower resolutions should work
Is this event being televised?
No, GFL events are only viewable on the website for now.
Can I watch this event later?
Yes, you can watch the event as many times as you wish after the show. Videos usually take 24-48 hours for us to encode and load onto
the server after a fight. Check back after that time and you will be able to view them.
I ordered with Google or PayPal, but it STILL says I haven't purchased the event!
Google processes most orders quickly. However, some credit cards take longer to be processed. If this is a 'last minute'
purchase, check your order in "My Account" on GFL.If the "Status" column in your transaction list doesn't show "Complete",
then Google hasn't cleared your credit card payment. Unfortunately there's nothing GFL can do about this. You can try a
different credit card however. We will gladly refund any duplicate orders.
PayPal also processes most orders quickly. However, eChecks take 3-5 days to clear so they're not a good way to purchase
unless you buy well in advance of the event. As with Google, we will gladly refund any duplicate orders.
I bought twice by mistake (or I bought the wrong event)...will you refund my money?
Yes, just send us your Google or PayPal order number in the form below and we'll credit the incorrect buy. Please NOTE: if you've
watched an event, you cannot get a refund.
How do I check my order status at Google?
In the email you receive from Google there is a link to check your order status.