|Event Time||Dec 23, 2011 7:30 PM EST|
|Date Available OnDemand||Dec 24, 2011 2:00 AM EST|
|Event Type||Fight - Wrestling|
|Availability||Available in all countries|
Event Videos and Bouts
ROH delivered on its final iPPV of the year with Final Battle 2011. The event was highlighted by some great wrestling, wicked chair shots and the rise of a new challenger to the ROH World Championship. With over 4 hours of action, this is a show you don't want to miss!
In the main event, Davey Richards defeated Eddie Edwards to retain the ROH World Championship after a kick to the head that was final able to keep Edwards down. These two grapplers embody the "American Strong Style" of wrestling and showed it in a match that went 40 minutes. Coming off the heels of their classic match at Best in the World 2011, Richards and Edwards caught lightning in a battle again as the two went toe to toe delivering every move imaginable. It was obvious the training that Edwards did with UFC Hall of Famer Dan Severn took hold as Edwards had a mean streak in him that never presented itself before. But it was not enough as Richards proved once again he is the cream of the crop in ROH.
In the bout that will have ramifications leading into 2012, and was probably match of the night, Kevin Steen defeated Steve Corino in a No DQ Match. As a result of the finish, Steen is now back in ROH. It was a violent affair as there were several chair shots that had damaging effects on both wrestlers. After the bout, Steen left a trail of bodies with his package piledriver and caused a scene that will not soon be forgotten. With the victory, Steen was full of gusto and confronted Richards after his ROH World Title bout with Edwards. Steen is definitely a force to be reckoned with and now that he is reinstated back in ROH it might be up to Richards to match Steen's intensity in the ring with the ROH World Championship on the line. Only time will tell...
FINAL BATTLE 2011
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin Def TJ Perkins
- Tommaso Ciampa (w/ The Embassy) Def Jimmy Rave to remain Undefeated
- Jay Lethal Retained The ROH World TV Title Over "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett (w/ Maria & Brutal Bob) & El Generico
- Kevin Steen Def Steve Corino In A NO Dq Match - As A Result Steen Is Back In ROH
- The Young Bucks Def The Bravados, Future Shock, Coleman & Alexander And The All Night Express To Earn A Future ROH World Tag Team Title Shot
- Roderick Strong Def the returning Chris Hero in the Roderick Strong Open Challenge
- The Briscoes Def Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Haas & Benjamin) To Regain The ROH World Tag Team Titles For A 7th Time
- Davey Richards (w/ Team Richards) retained the ROH World Championship against Eddie Edwards (w/ Dan the Beast Severn)